- Responding To Challenging Behaviour
November 23, 2017
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
RESPONDING TO CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR
Through this course you will:
- Understand the importance of developing a positive school climate to engage all students in learning;
- Learn the principles of behaviour;
- Develop understanding of how trauma effects brain development and how it can contribute to challenging behaviour;
- Understand the need for explicit teaching of social skills and appropriate behaviour;
- Use the functional behavioural assessment model as a tool to support students with challenging behaviour;
- Develop individualised behaviour management plans for students with challenging behaviour using a team approach; and
- Identify how to align school processes and procedures with school values in order to support students and staff more effectively.
What is it?
The course is highly practical, leading participants step-by-step through the process of designing targeted behaviour management plans for students with challenging behaviour.
Who is it for?
It is designed for primary and secondary school leaders interested in developing a whole school approach to positive behaviour management; improving school culture and investigating effective alternatives for students with challenging behaviour.
The course emphasises:
- Incorporating positive behaviour management strategies
- Examination of the ecological factors that influence behaviour
- Importance of supportive teacher/student relationships
- Benefits of using a restorative approach when dealing with inappropriate behaviour.
* Morning tea and a light lunch will be provided
Cost: $269 (GST free) per person
Time: 9.00 am – 3.30 pm
When registering you will be able to print an invoice which will provide options for payment.