- Habits of Highly Effective Teachers
February 22, 2018
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TEACHERS
In this course you will :
- Learn the fundamental management skills that will dramatically enhance your teaching practice;
- Understand that most behaviour issues can be avoided or minimised by strategic planning;
- Recognize what drives challenging behaviour and how you can deal with it;
- Learn how to build positive relationships with those tricky students;
- Identify the models of conflict and how to avoid being drawn into conflict with students;
- Understand the importance of clear communication;
- Learn how to develop a positive classroom culture;
- Develop strategies to engage students and improve your effectiveness as an educator;
- Appreciate how the use of proactive prevention strategies minimises the need for intervention; and
- Value the benefits of positive reinforcement in changing behaviour.
What is it?
The workshop is highly interactive, fun and practical, modelling tools and strategies immediately applicable to the classroom.
Who is it for?
It is designed for any primary or secondary teacher who wants to learn, or hone their classroom management skills and improve student outcomes. It is also ideal for executive staff who want to lead staff to improve
THIS WORKSHOP IS A MUST FOR ANY STUDENT OR BEGINNING TEACHER
You will gain knowledge and skills guaranteed to:
- Improve student’s learning
- Reduce classroom disruptions
- Increase student achievement
- Boost your confidence in managing challenging behaviour.
* Morning tea and a light lunch will be provided
Cost: $269 (GST free) per person
Time: 9.00 am – 3.30 pm
When registering you will be able to print an invoice which will provide options for payment.
Completing The Habits of Highly Effective Teachers workshop will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 4.12, 4.22 and 4.32 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW
Venue: Wagga Wagga RSL