Completing Responding to Challenging Behaviour workshop will contribute 5.5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 1.1.3, 1.2.3, 4.3.3 and 6.3.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher level Accreditation in NSW.
The Responding to Challenging Behaviour workshop is highly practical, leading participants step-by-step through the process of designing targeted behaviour management plans for students with challenging behaviour.
In this course you will learn:
- The factors that influence student behaviour
- The effect of trauma on brain development and behaviour
- How to reduce the intensity and frequency of challenging behaviour
- To use the functional behavioural assessment model to understand and change student behaviour
- Alternative strategies to manage students with challenging behaviour
- How to develop individualised behaviour management plans that work
- To align school values with processes and procedures to support staff, students and families
The course emphasises:
- The use of positive behaviour management strategies
- Understanding the ecological factors that influence behaviour
- Importance of supportive teacher student relationships
- Benefits of a restorative approach in managing students with challenging behaviour
Who is it for:
The course is designed for school leaders who want to develop a positive whole school approach to behaviour management.
It is ideal for lead teachers and executives who are responsible for school-wide behaviour management. The most benefit will be gained from sending a small team from your school.
* A light lunch will be provided
Cost: $269 (GST free) per person
Time: 9.00 am – 3.30 pm